Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bring it on!

I've been thinking about belonging a lot lately...With our impending move and being uprooted from the place that I call home, I am feeling lost. Where do I belong in this world? I haven't really felt like I belong in a while.

I love being in San Diego, I love being so close to the beach! I have always felt at peace when I am near the water, but there are a lot of things about San Diego that I could live without. I have made a some good friends here and I have certainly met some interesting people, and a lot (and I mean a LOT) has happened since I have been here, but I am ready to embrace the change.

Indiana...maybe I'll fit there. I am ready to find the place where I belong (even though I know we will be moving again in 3 years). I want things to go my way. I want this new start to be easy. I want to feel like I belong. Indian...BRING IT ON!!!

The last time I really felt like like I fit was in culinary school. I belong in the kitchen (and not in a bad joke sort of way). I bake. That's what I do and where I feel happy and that's all I can ask for in this life.

So all of my pity and whining aside...let's get to the baked goods, shall we? After my long and stressful week, I decided to make lemon cupcakes with vanilla frosting. I was hoping for something a little fluffier (they are a little cakey), but they are still good. I topped them with a swirl of vanilla frosting (died yellow) and a blueberry on top. Then I decided to make lemon blueberry bread, just for fun :) Some loud tunes, the hum of the mixer, and some sweet baked treats make my life a little sweeter!

1 comment: