Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Gender Predictions

SO...I have a super secret (not really) blog with baby stuff on it. I have been doing gender predictions to find out what Baby Squirrel is going to be. My lovely husband and I have decided not to find out the sex of our baby so I have been having fun with the old wives tales trying to guess what the baby will be. I posted another one today, so I thought I would share it here.

Yesterday I was 28 weeks pregnant!

That means I have officially entered my 3rd trimester!

This is getting real now! Just 12 short weeks from now I will be meeting my sweet little baby!

This week I am going to tackle the old wives tale about cravings.

A friend of mine from culinary school told me about this old wives tale yesterday, so I decided to share it here. According to this tale if the mother to be is craving sweet snacks she is going to have a girl. If the mother to be is craving salty snacks she is going to have a boy.

Courtesy of Google Images

My food cravings have been fairly regular throughout this whole pregnancy. Early on when I was nauseous ALL the time, all I could eat was cinnamon raisin bagels with peanut butter. From about week 12 on I have craved orange juice and mashed potatoes. The last 3 weeks ALL I have wanted is a yellow cake cupcake with chocolate frosting!! (In fact, I am still dreaming of that damn cupcake!)

Courtesy of Google Images

All of those foods are sweets...well, except the mashed potatoes. But, for the most part I have craved sweets, which means that I am having...A GIRL!!

That brings our totals now to:

Boy: 9 - 75%
Girl: 3 - 25%

No comments:

Post a Comment