Friday, April 16, 2010

Heaven is Made with Butter

I made croissants. From scratch. They are A-MAY-ZING! I started on Sunday with the dough. On Monday I put a pound of butter on the dough and rolled it in. I did 4 turns of the dough ( roll it out, fold it over, refrigerate, repeat). Tonight I came home and I rolled the dough out and got it ready to bake. I didn't have very high hopes for these little pieces of heaven, but I was curious to see if they would turn out. Some of the croissants were rolled like a traditional croissant and some were filled with chocolate. Ten minutes into baking the first batch and the whole house smelled like buttery heaven. When they came out of the oven, they were perfect! The shape wasn't very good and the bottoms were a little burnt on some, but they taste A-MAY-ZING!!!

I not one to toot my own horn, but damn it, I am proud of myself.

No matter what kind of day or week I have had, these croissants made all the garbage disappear. Now all I want to do is mail croissants to everyone I know so they can taste my happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment