Saturday, October 16, 2010

Detoxing my Feet

I did something really strange yesterday...

I was in a health food store in Louisville, KY with my mom (we were stocking up on gluten-free stuff) and we saw a sign for a foot detox. I have heard about these things before, and I thought it would be fun to try. I am always a little skeptical about things like this, but it was worth a try...right?

I am all for natural healing and avoiding drugs, my parents have encouraged this for some time. With all of the warnings and side effects on prescriptions I am willing to try other alternatives. In fact, I use herbs and different tea, but this rates right up there with physics (all though, I do want to see one for fun someday) and palm readers.

We went in and introduced ourselves to the "practitioner" and began chatting with her. She explained the process and we got started. I, of course, was laughing through the whole thing because it just all seemed so ridiculous. She filled a plastic tub with water for each of us and we put our feet in. Then she poured in about a tablespoon of sea salt. Before she put the "Ionizer" in the tub she put this elastic band on our wrists. She said it was a grounder, which I assume is to prevent us from being electrocuted?!?

She put the "ionizer" thing in the water and away we went. This is where I really began to get skeptical, as if I wasn't already! When the ionizer was turned on it started to bubble and it looked as if it was turning the water an orange color. That is strange because the end result is colored water. The color of the water tells you what type of toxins were removed from your body. The practitioner assured me that the initial color was just the minerals in the water, and the rest of the color would be the toxins that were removed from my body.

Here is the color chart for what the colors of the water means:
Color or Particle - Possible Material or Area of the Body Being Detoxified
Black - Detoxifying from liver
Black Flecks - Heavy metals
Brown - Detoxifying from liver, cellular debris, tobacco
Dark Green - Detoxifying from gallbladder
Orange - Detoxifying from joints
Red Flecks - Blood clot material
White Curd Particles - Most likely yeast
White Foam - Detoxifying from lymphatic system
Yellow-Green - Detoxifying from kidneys, bladder, urinary tract,female/prostate area

Don't scroll down if you don't want to see the pictures...they are kind of gross.


I apparently detoxed from from my lymphatic system, liver and kidneys. There were also black flecks from heavy metals. Here are the pictures I took during the process.

This is after being in the water for 15 minutes:


This is after 20 minutes:


This is just before I took my feet out at 30 minutes:


I still think it's a little hokey! I didn't feel any different when I was done. My mom didn't feel any different, but she said that the bottoms of her feet feet tender or sensitive. My husband thinks it's a scam and I thought it was fun (a little out there, but fun nonetheless). There are all sorts of testimonials on the website, but I have to wonder if there are real people out there who actually do this regularly and think that it works for them.

Click here to go to their website

No comments:

Post a Comment