Friday, January 28, 2011

Military Spouse Friday Fill-in

It's Friday again, which means it's time for another MilSpouse Friday Fill-in!

1. If you were a famous movie star, what types of movies would you star in?

Probably a romantic comedy or a romance or something. Although, it would be fun to do stunts. You know, like a really fast car chase or jumping off a building (only because I know that you get to land in a giant inflatable pillow and they really aren't that high up. As long as my co star was a gorgeous man, I wouldn't care what it was!

2. What is a vacation you would like to take if money were no object?
If money were no object I would take a REALLY long vacation. First I would enjoy the sun in the Caribbean, then I would see Spain and France. From there I would go Italy, then Australia and Bali and then I would finish the trip with a stay in Tahiti. Really, if money weren't an issue I would see the world. 

3. Did you have pets growing up?

I had bunny rabbits as a kid and I had fish. We had a pretty cool fish tank with a bunch of fish. As an adult I felt like I missed out on having a dog (my mom is severely allergic) so I got a dog. That didn't last too long though because as it turns out...I am severely allergic to dogs too. Thankfully she went to live with my hubby's parents, so I still get to see her from time to time.

4.What do you do for exercise?

Exercise...it's not favorite thing to do, but I walk and do yoga. I also have a Shaun T hip hop work out video that I hide in my basement and do. Don't judge...it's fun. And don't tell anyone about that either! My husband doesn't even know I do it. I wait till he is at work LOL!

5. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received as a MilSpouse?

To be honest, I hate it when people try to give me advice about being a MilSpouse. Usually the people who like to give advice are the people who not a MilSpouse or are not in the military themselves. Sorry, but I don't want to hear about what you did when your husband went away for a week long business trip to Cleveland. It is absolutely nothing like sending your husband off to Iraq or Afghanistan. I guess the best (only) advice that I can remember is to take time for yourself. As a MilSpouse you do most things on your own and you take of your children and your spouse and the household, but make sure that you take care of yourself too.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I totally do Turbo Jam when no one is around. And I agree that I hate getting advice about being a Milspouse from people who know nothing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really good advice to take time for yourself. I need to do that more often.

    ReplyDelete