Thursday, November 24, 2011

30 Days of Being Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! Today I am thankful for a lot of things! A lot of my friends were posting 1 thing a day that they were thankful for, but instead I made one big list. I of course am thankful for so much, but here are a few things that I thought of!

* My husband - He is my everything and my best friend. I am so thankful that he is part of my life and that we have the relationship that we have.

* Baby Squirrel - Even though the baby hasn't made it's appearance yet I am so in love and thankful for this baby. After a lot of trying and heart break, we have a beautiful baby on the way who I can't wait to meet!

* My Family - I have a wonderful, loving and supportive family. They may be a little crazy and drive me nuts at times, but they are mine and I am so thankful for them

* My grandpa - He is no longer with us, but I am thankful for him every single day. He was an amazing man. He taught me so much. I can feel him with me every day, and I truly believe he had a part in me being pregnant with baby squirrel. I am not sure how to fully put into words how thankful I am to have had my Pap in my life.

* Our home - It may be falling apart in places and it is a work in progress, but we have a roof over our heads and a place we call home. There are so many people who don't have something that I take for granted sometimes, and I am truly am grateful that I have a home.

* My friends - I have made a lot of amazing friends over the years and I am thankful for each and every one of them. I don't live near most of them any more, but I love chatting with them when I can. Even from 1,000+ miles away my friends bring a smile to my face and I don't know what I would do with out them.

* The Marine Corps - The Marine Corps never makes life simple and they have taken my husband away from for more time than I care to count, but I can't imagine our life any differently. It is a way of life that is not for everyone, but I am thankful for all the Marines have done for us and all things that have come from our experiences.

* To have my husband stateside - I am so thankful to have my wonderful husband home. He is in the US, in the same state and same city as me AND he comes home every night!

* Our military family - When you are part of the military, you are frequently far away from your family, but the other military families become your second family. I am lucky enough to have my mom in town, but I still have my military family too. They are people who understand the life and what you are going through.

* For being pregnant - I am thankful that I am pregnant during the holidays because that means I get to eat whatever I want and no one can say a word!

* My pregnancy pillow - Seriously! Without it, there would be no hope of getting any sleep at night these days!

* The local YMCA - I have been taking a prenatal swim class and I am so thankful for my 45min twice a week that I get to get in the pool and get the weight of the baby out of my pelvis!

* Music -"Music Washes away from the soul, the everyday dust of life." enough said...

* Everything my husband does - He works 12+ hours a day 6 days a week and he still finds time to get things done around the house to help me out. I'd be lost with out him.

* Food in the cupboards - I have a kitchen full of food. This time of year it becomes more apparent that many people don't have enough food to go around. I am thankful that we have plenty of food to go around.

* My husband - because even after a long day he calls to see what I need him to pick up and he goes out of his way to make me smile.

* My husband - because he looks damn good in a uniform!

* The way my family celebrates thanksgiving - for as long as I can remember we always invited people who didn't have anywhere else to go. No one should spend thanksgiving alone and no one should eat take out on thanksgiving! Since my husband and I have been married we have kept this up and always invite those that may be alone. It doesn't matter if we have 5 or 35 people around the table already...there is always room for one more.

* My mom - I am so thankful to have her live close again and I am constantly thankful for all that she does for us

* Cell phones - because without them I would lose touch with the world and wouldn't be able to catch up with friends and family.

* My in-laws - because even though I complain about them sometimes and get frustrated, they really are great people and they always come through for us in the end!

* Modern technology - because I got to see my baby's sweet chubby face today! I am so in love with my little (or not so little) butterball!! I can't wait to meet him or her!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy your family and friends and don't forget to be thankful for all that you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment