Monday, August 30, 2010

Where in the World is Wanna Be Baker? Day 2...

(Sung to the tune of Where in the World is Carmen San Diego)
See the hole in the Grand Canyon; make yet another wrong turn,
From the red rocks to Cameron they’ll be taking photos
Well they never thought they’d be on an adventure like this one,
Where in the world is Wanna Be Baker?
(That was my last attempt at creativity, I promise!)

What a day! We started out the morning in Phoenix then drove north.

This was our first stop:


What a gorgeous place! The red rocks were so cool to look at! We only stopped for a few minutes before heading through this (awful) windy road. We stopped at a pull off and got some cool pictures of a canyon...



From there we went to the Grand Canyon…



It’s a giant hole in dirt…but the view was so cool! From there we drove to the four corners. I have ALWAYS wanted to go there (I know…I’m a dork, but...they were closed! We got SOOO close, so I am counting it as visiting the place.



We finished the day by driving up to Durango, CO for a grand total of 10 hours driving time!

1 comment:

  1. CLOSED?! That is totally unreasonable! Next time you come back out this way, I promise that we'll go.

    Beautiful pics :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete