Friday, December 10, 2010

Military Spouse Friday Fill-in

It's Friday and time for another Military Spouse Friday Fill-in. Go check it out at Wife of a Sailor's blog.
  
What do you see your life like in 10 years?  
In my dream world  I would have a heap of kids and be working in a bakery making awesome cakes. In reality, I'll probably have a few kids and will be working in a crappy dead end job with no future. On the bright side, my husband and I will be married for 14 years and we will be planning a fabulous beach vacation for our 15th anniversary. :)

What do you like most about your job? 
I don't have a job. I have no job skills that are going to get me a worthwhile job. I feel like at my age I should have a career by now. When I get a job, it will probably be some thankless, soulless, minimum wage retail job, where I do the job of two people and of the people that get paid more, but the company won't think I am worth more than minimum wage. (Forgive me...I am not feeling too hopeful about the job market today. I swear I'm not usually this cynical and negative.)


What are three things you do every day, no matter what day it is?
I eat, I brush my teeth, and I tell my husband I love him
 

What would you do with an extra five hours in your day today? 
Today...I would finish sewing a few Christmas gifts, put a few things away in the basement, do laundry and watch a movie with my husband. My too do list, keeps getting longer and longer! I am trying to have my house in presentable shape for when my dad and his girlfriend visit next weekend. 
 
What is your favorite Christmas (or whichever holiday  you celebrate) cookie recipe (please share!)?
My mom always made peanut clusters. We called them cow pies (thanks dad!), and they were delicious. I make them now and to me, they smell like Christmas.


Mix 2 bags chocolate chips, 1 bag peanut butter chips, and 1 bag butterscotch chips in a bowl. Microwave them for 30 seconds at a time stirring in between until they are all melted. You can also put them in a metal bowl over a pot of boiling water.


Once the chips are all melted and mixed well, add peanuts. You want the peanuts with no skins on them. I think the recipe calls for 1 pound, but I just mix them in until it looks good. I like mine to have lots of peanuts. Drop by the spoonful on to wax paper and let them set.

No comments:

Post a Comment