Thursday, December 2, 2010

Military Spouse Friday Fill-in

It's Friday, so I decided to do another Milspouse Friday Fill-in. The Friday Fill-in is from Wife of a Sailor.

If you were given $1,000 right now, how would you spend it?

I would buy furniture for our new house. This house is much bigger than our last house and we don't have closets so I need a place to put everything.

If you had to choose a movie title (a real one that already exists) for your life story, what would it be?

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest...enough said.


If you were a teacher, what subject would you like to teach?

I was a preschool teacher for a while and that is such a great age to teach. I wouldn't want to teach just one subject. The younger kids are more fun. :)
Has being a MilSpouse changed how you view holidays or how your holidays are celebrated? If so, how? If not, what hasn’t changed?

The holidays have always been about family for me. When the husband isn't around for the holidays it is heart breaking, but I always surround myself with family, be it my blood relatives or my friends who are like my family. I always make sure to have a holiday package for my husband too. A few years ago I got plastic food and glued it to a plate and then put pictures of our whole family together so he could have his Thanksgiving meal with his family. I want him to feel as connected as possible when he is away.

What is your favorite Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate) memory?

I don't have just one favorite memory. I love looking back at remembering all of the magic of Christmas though. My family always made sure that everyone felt special. I love that I was brought up in a home where getting gifts was not the most important thing. We always "adopted" a family who couldn't afford gifts. We would collect the gifts from our church and then our family would deliver Christmas to a family. I have always loved to give gifts. I love to make someone else feel special and I never expect anything in return. I also love the times that I spent days baking with my mom and grandma. The house always smelled so good and we had such a great time in the kitchen, dancing, singing and baking up a storm. That's what I love about Christmas...it's not one specific memory and it didn't happen one time, but it's what I think of when I think of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment